Please note that the new Animal Control Bylaw No. B-33/2016 was passed at the Council Meeting on Monday, October 3, 2016 and it is in effect as of January 2, 2017.
What is new in the Animal Control Bylaw?
- 3 dogs per household
- 3 cats per household
- 1 vicious dog per household
- no person will allow or permit more than six (6) dogs in his/her custody in an Off Leash Area
- a person may allow a domestic animal to be outside the passenger cab of a motor vehicle, including riding in the back of a pick up truck or flatbed truck if:
- the bed area of truck is fully enclosed with topper and having adequate ventilation
- fully enclosed trailer having adequate ventilation
- ventilated kennel or similar device securely fastened to the bed of the truck
- trapping cats as outlined in Schedule "E" Cat Trapping Procedure and Guidelines
- prohibited animals/livestock
- new dog licence fees as outlined in a Schedule "A" - Dog License Fees
- new cat licence fees as outlined in a Schedule "A" - Cat License Fees
- fees for Animal as outlined in a Schedule "B" - Fees for Animal
- offence penaties/fines as outlined in a Schedule "C" - Fines
- offence penalities/fines for Vicious Dog as outlined in a Schedule "D" - Fines Vicious Dog Penalties
- Dr. Ian Dunbar's Aggression Scale as of Schedule "F" - Dr. Ian Dunbar's Aggression Scale
Did you know? Licences for cats will be free until April 1, 2017. Get your cat licenced for free online and in person.
Bylaw enforcement (Municipal Enforcement)