We are recruiting census takers to conduct the 2017 Municipal Census between April 1 and May 18, 2017. Consider being a census taker if you:
- are 18 years of age or older;
- are able to follow instructions;
- are comfortable collecting census information from residents as per City requirements
- have basic iPad/computer skills;
- have basic map reading skills;
- are available to work 25-35 hours per week (mainly evenings and weekends);
- are able to walk in various weather conditions carrying an iPad; and
- are able to attend two mandatory evening training sessions (tentatively scheduled for March 30 and April 11).
Working hours/dates (may fluctuate by a week)
April 1– 8:
- 25-35 hours delivery plus time to sort and plan route (depending on route size and delivery any time between 9 am and 9 pm daily)
- route size varies between 600 to 1,000 homes depending upon community size
April 20 – May 18
- 2-3 hours daily during the week (between 9 am and 9 pm) plus 6-8 hours daily on the weekend (between 9 am - 9 pm) for door-to-door census collection on your route
- require up to minimum four visits to homes who have not responded online
The average payment is $750 - $1,000 and is made after July 15.
For more information, please call 403.948.8816.
Please send applications to: Legislative Services, 400 Main Street SE, Airdrie, AB T4B 3C3 or via email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled the last week of February and early March.
Census Takers are not employees of the City of Airdrie.