The Volunteer of the Year Awards acknowledge the outstanding contributions of Airdrie’s volunteers. You can view the categories and criteria here.
Nominations are now open for the 2017 Volunteer of the Year Awards.
Nominations (online only) will be accepted until January 16, 2017.
The nominee for the Leader of Tomorrow award must attend within Airdrie school attendance boundaries: http://www.rockyview.ab.ca/registration/attendance-areas/city-of-airdrie/2015-2016.
For all other categories, a nominee must be an individual or an organization - such as a business entity, not-for-profit organization, a volunteer-comprised grassroots committee or a community group - that resides (individual) or operates (organization) within Airdrie and annexation boundaries. https://airdrie.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/?appid=0edee862a3394c6eb4f2132f4c01f6cd
Nominations will be evaluated based on the individual/group’s volunteering efforts within Airdrie and annexation boundaries. (See above link.)
Self-nominations will not be accepted for groups and individuals. (Note: A nomination by staff of not-for-profit groups for their volunteers is acceptable.)
A nominator can only submit one nomination per category.
An individual or group that has previously received a Volunteer of the Year award for a specific category can no longer be nominated for the same category.
Only completed online nominations will be accepted (no paper nominations).
To complete the nomination, the nominator must:
- have the nominee’s consent
- provide complete and accurate nominee information: name of individual/business/group, mailing address, telephone and email address
provide a short biography and a narrative on why they are nominating this individual/group. The nominator must ensure accuracy and have the approval of the nominee to provide such information. Use the third-person point of view when writing about the person/group being nominated.
- submit a high resolution photo of the nominee within a week from submission of the online nomination (note: cellphone photos do not meet this requirement; use a DSLR camera). Photo standards:
- Photo must be in portrait form (chest and head shot) on a plain background.
- JPEG format
- Photo resolution must be 300 DPI or better
- The photo must be 4”x6” or larger