The City of Airdrie has recently implemented a curbside recycling program for all single family homes. Blue carts are being delivered to all of these homes and we expect everyone to have a blue cart by the end Sunday April 2nd. Curbside collection begins the week of April 3.
The City of Airdrie does not provide services to multi-family properties or businesses and organizations. However there is a Multi-Family Recycling Program in effect to ensure all residents have access to recycling at their homes. A brief overview of the programs is provided below for more details follow the quick links at the top right of this page.
Residents will receive a blue cart in March and collection will begin in April. Along with your blue cart, you will receive a guide that outlines what will be accepted in the blue cart program. But for those who would like to know now, there is a list below of what materials will be accepted in the blue cart, or view our Quick Guide to Recycling.
- Catalogues and magazines
- Mixed paper, flyers, envelopes
- Shredded paper (placed inside a transparent plastic bag)
- Telephone books and soft cover books
- Paper coffee cups
- Fast food cups (un-waxed)
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Tetra Pak (juice/soup boxes)
Tin food containers
- Metal food and beverage containers
- Aluminum cans, aluminum foil and aluminum foil plates
- Jar lids
- Refundable aluminum beverage containers
- Plastic containers with the recycling symbols 1-7, excluding polystyrene foam (Styrofoam)
- Plastic bags, wrap and film: all bundled within a single bag for collection
- Glass food containers, refundable glass beverage containers
The recycling collection trucks are automated and equipped to pick up only carts and not excess recycling around it. If you have excess recycling, please take it to the Eastside Recycle Depot or store it until the next collection day.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-948-0246.
The City will be amending the current Waste Bylaw and making it mandatory for all multi-family residential buildings currently not receiving City of Airdrie curbside waste collection services to have a recycling program in place by January 2018.
Building owners & property managers are responsible for implementing and ensuring the program meets the requirements however they have the flexibility to choose their own private recycler and to customize the program to meet their buildings specific needs. To learn more visit Multi-family Recycling and click on the quick links at the top right of the page.
Waste & Recycling