Lost & found pets


Dogs and Cats

Please note that the new Animal Control Bylaw No. B-33/2016 have been passed at the Council Meeting on Monday, October 3, 2016 and it is in effect as of January 2, 2017.

Did you know? Licences for cats will be free until April 1, 2017. Get your cat licenced for free online and in person.  As of April 1, 2017 the cat license fees are as outlined in a Schedule "A" - Cat License Fees.

The following animals should be taken to the Municipal Police Building at 2 Highland Park Way NE, or if after hours, the closest veterinary clinic: 

    • Dogs found within the city of Airdrie limits with or without ID
    • Cats with ID only

The following animals should be taken to the  Cochrane Humane Society or the Calgary Humane Society :

    • Cats or dogs found outside Airdrie city limits
    • Cats found within the city limits without a City license tag, microchip, or tattoo
    • Exotic animals (birds, reptiles, etc...)
    • Surrendered or abandoned animals

If you are unable to take the animal to either humane society, the following veterinary centres will accept on behalf of the Cochrane and Area Humane Society :

If the dog has City of Calgary dog tags, call the City of Calgary at 311

If you are in the MD of Rocky View outside the annexed area, call 403.230.1401 during regular office hours

Visit PetLynx.net to see if the owner is looking for the animal or to file your own lost report


Other Small Animals


If you can no longer care for your pet


Wildlife in the city


Contact us

Bylaw enforcement (Municipal Enforcement)

P. 403.948.8892

F. 403.948.0619


Municipal Enforcement
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday
Officers Hours
Monday to Friday
6:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday
6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.