The Parks department strives to provide the community with beautifully landscaped and manicured parks and green spaces.
The 80 kilometres of paved pathways available within Airdrie offers residents the opportunity to enjoy living a healthy and active lifestyle. The City also offers many cultural, outdoor recreation and natural features within the parks spaces.
The Parks department works diligently to ensure all of our areas are well maintained, washrooms are stocked and outdoor structures are clean.
However, from time-to-time there may be an area that is overlooked. If you come across a green space or park that is in need of attention contact the Parks department to submit a customer service request.
Application for access to public land
Does your home back onto a pathway, park or greenspace? Are you thinking of landscaping your yard?
Follow the process outlined below before you begin work of any kind in and around these areas.
- Call the Parks department and advise staff what your intentions are.
- Complete the application for public land form.
- A Parks crew leader will complete a pre-inspection by visiting the site and taking photos of the area before the project start date. This will ensure that the homeowner is not liable for the cost or responsibility of repairing existing damage if there are any areas already in need of repair. *Any damage to the area as a result of the landscaping project as well as damage done by the landscapers or contractors accessing the area will be at the homeowners' expense to repair.
- Contact Parks to advise when the project is complete. The crew leader will then complete a post-inspection, including photos of the new site.
- If no new damage is noted, the process is complete.
Pathways, bridges & storm ponds update
Nose Creek Park
The bridge in Nose Creek Park near the fitness equipment has been damaged by spring run off.
The bridge has now been removed in order for re-construction to take place. Construction is now tentatively scheduled to start at the end of November 2014.
There will be sewer line repair maintenance taking place the week of November 17-21, 2014 which will temporarily cause some interruption to a small portion of pathway on Main Street.
Please refer to the water sewer line repair map for the following pathway closure. In addition, the north bound curb lane on Main Street will also be closed for maintenance.
23 East Lake Hill NE
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3