Public Works is responsible for maintaining and repairing City-owned water, sewer and road infrastructure.
- The goal of Public Works is to provide reliable delivery of quality services in the operation, maintenance and repair of City infrastructure
- Staff are committed to maintenance operations that meet City service level commitments
- The mandate of Public Works is to provide fiscally and environmentally sustainable solutions through effective asset management
Works to ensure a safe and reliable road network, through:
- Maintaining roads, alleys, sidewalks, curbs and gutters
- Sweeping streets
- Providing snow and ice management
- Maintaining and installing traffic and pedestrian signals, signs and line markings
- Ensures the delivery of a safe and reliable water distribution system that is capable of meeting peak demands with minimum disruption
- Provides dependable storm and sanitary sewer systems by conducting regular maintenance to minimize line or service failure
After hours services
An emergency stand-by system is available on evenings, weekends and statutory holidays to provide a prompt initial response to failure of Public Works essential services. Call 403.948.8800 and follow the automated attendant.
23 East Lake Hill NE
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3