Getting married, hosting a birthday party or planning a reunion? Need a space to host your event? If you are considering booking a City of Airdrie park space or a fire pit, please see the list below and the process to follow:
- Contact the Parks department for availability
- Fill out and submit a Parks & Green Space Application
- If approval is granted, you will be provided with a Parks Lease Agreement. You must review, sign and return the agreement prior to the event taking place
- You may be required to provide the Parks department with a Certificate of Insurance if any of the following criteria applies to your function:
- more than 50 attendees
- you require access to the concession, fire pit or amphitheatre
- have a bouncy castle brought in
- using a BBQ
- if the event is a wedding
Facility user applicants who do not have the required insurance may apply to purchase it through the City’s Facility User Group insurance program at the time of booking, as follows:
- Request a facility user group insurance application from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the insurance application as indicated, be sure to initial page one and sign/date page two. Note: some Events/Activities are not insurable per page one.
- Submit fully completed applications to City Hall (400 Main Street, Airdrie; M-F 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) or email to IRM@airdrie.ca.
- Applicants will be contacted by City staff with processing results/confirmation of premium.
- Premiums may be paid by cash, debit, cheque, or credit card at City Hall.
For all liquor approvals and permits please contact the Parks department at 403-948-8400 further details.
During the spring, summer and fall months of 2016 Nose Creek Park will be undergoing an extensive enhancement project.
The enhancements, scheduled to be completed in October 2016 will include:
- A new amphitheatre
- Renovated washroom facilities
- Renovated concession and covered area
- A boardwalk style walkway along the south side of the pond/amphitheatre
- Additional landscaping
There will be a significant amount of construction taking place in the park during this period. Although the park’s pathways and playgrounds will still be accessible, there may be times that some portion of pathway may be inaccessible due to the construction. The City will do its best to minimize disruption to park users.
Although there will be no park bookings in Nose Creek Park during construction, alternate locations you may consider are:
- East Lake Park
- Fletcher Park
- Jensen Park
If you have any questions about booking park space, please call Parks at 403-948-8400.
The City of Airdrie is looking forward to enjoying this newly renovated park with the community in 2017!