Residents are encouraged to do their part and drop-off recyclable materials at one of the City's recycling depots:
- Eastside Recycle Depot (21 East Lake Hill)
- Westside Recycle Depot (2925 Main Street)
Quick tips for recycling
The following tips are designed to make your recycling experience quick and efficient.
1. Know what items are accepted and how to sort based on facility.
2. Ensure recyclables are clean and presorted. Some items are made of more than one type of recyclable material, so please ensure each part is placed in the correct bin. It is necessary for each bin to be free of mixed material since we deliver recyclable materials directly to market.
3. Place all items in the appropriate bins.
4. When using the Westside facility be aware that the slot sizes dictate that product must be broken down. Please have your materials broken down prior to arriving on site.
Illegal dumping at recycling depots could result in fines of up to $1,000.
Rain barrels & composters
Rain barrels and composters are available for sale year round at the Eastside Recycle Depot.
Airdrie and Rocky View County residents can purchase these items for $45. The cost for non-residents is $65. Cash or cheque only.
Waste & Recycling
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
2925 Main Street
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.