Paying your utility bill
The City of Airdrie bills for water, sewer, garbage collection, curbside organics and environmental services monthly.
The City of Airdrie offers a number of payment options. Choose the option that is right for you and return your payment by the date specified on your bill.
- Online payment service: To pay by Visa or MasterCard.
- Pre-authorized payment plan: The amount due on your utility bill will be withdrawn from your bank account on the current charge due date.
- Pre-authorized budget payment plan: A preset amount will be withdrawn from your bank account on the last day of each month, rather than the full amount on the due date. Once you have signed up for the program your only responsibility is to review your bill. By monitoring your bill and your water usage, you can ensure problems such as leaky faucets and running toilets do not wreak havoc on the cost of your utilities. Any payment returned NSF will result in termination of the plan and a NSF fee being added to the account. All outstanding balances and NSF fees become subject to penalties.
- Online or telephone banking: Most banking institutions have the City of Airdrie listed for making payments via the Internet or telephone banking. You can set up your payments through the following banking institutions: ATB, BMO, CIBC, Credit Union (please be specific), HKBC, RBC, Scotia and TD Canada Trust. Please be sure to use all eight digits of your account number without the decimal point. Payments are usually received and processed by the City within two to three business days.
- In person at most banks and financial institutions in Airdrie only: Payment can be made at the bank through the tellers or at an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) located within the City of Airdrie ONLY. Please note it can take up to two weeks to process payments made through an ATM as it goes to the clearing centre in Calgary to be sorted before it is sent to the City of Airdrie.
- By mail: Mail your payment to the Utility department using the address listed to the right. Be sure to include your bill stub or account number. Do not mail cash. Please make cheques payable to the City of Airdrie.
- By phone: Have your account number, credit card number, expiry date, CSV number (three digit number on the back of the credit card) and amount of payment ready.
- In person: At City Hall by cash, cheque, debit, Visa or MasterCard. A night drop box is available at City Hall where you can drop off your cheque payment. Be sure to include your bill stub or account number.
Your payment must be received by the City of Airdrie on or before the due date shown on your utility bill. A penalty of 3% per month will be applied to any outstanding utility account balances.
Failure to pay your utility bill may result in service disconnection or other steps to recover the amount due. Please view our disconnect policies located in quick links.
Please contact the Utilities department to discuss any payment concerns.
Utility Billing Service Centre
400 Main Street SE
Airdrie, AB T4B 3C3