If you receive a disconnection warning notice (water shut off notice):
- The City has reserved the right in the Water bylaw No. B-11/2012 to shut off water service for non-payment.
- Payment must be made in full.
- Absolutely no extensions will be granted.
- Payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card directly at City Hall (cheques are not accepted). You may pay online via MyAirdrie or through your financial institution's online banking system as long as the payment is made by the date and time indicated on the shut off notice.
- A $25 collection fee will be charged to your next bill.
- Protect your pipes, appliances and equipment as no further notice will be given prior to disconnection.
- If your water is disconnected, the full outstanding balance along with a $100 reconnection fee must be paid prior to the service being reconnected.
- Services will be reconnected by appointment only. Please allow one to two business days for reconnection.
The current billing date is on a Wednesday and payment due dates are consistently 23 days after the billing date on a Friday. There are many steps and reminders a customer receives prior to the water being shut off (54 days past the original billing date).
The utility department is strongly encouraging all customers to sign up for a MyAirdrie account in order to receive the additional free notifications if a payment is missed. To date, over 10,000 customers have signed up for a MyAirdrie account, which is about half of the utility accounts within Airdrie.
Utility Billing Service Centre