Residential utility services
Applying for, cancelling or moving residential utilities
The City of Airdrie covers water, sewer, garbage collection, curbside organics and environmental services on a 4 week billing cycle. When you apply for your utility account, the City will identify which services you require based on your address.
Transfer of service / new service / close account
Please provide at least 5 working days notice to the Utilities department prior to the date services are to be set up or discontinued.
- Customers buying within Airdrie: fill in and submit the application form
- Customers selling within Airdrie: fill in and submit the cancellation form
- If you are buying and selling within Airdrie, you will need to fill in both the application and cancellation forms.
Utility account numbers are linked to the property, NOT the customer. If you move to a new property in Airdrie, your account number will change. If you pay your bill online or by telephone banking, be sure to change your account number with your financial institution.
Residential rental properties
All residential utility accounts must be set up in the registered owners name as per our Waterworks bylaw. Renters cannot set up for City of Airdrie utilities.
If you have a rental property in Airdrie, please be aware that:
- the water service stays in your name
- it is your responsibility to keep your account in good standing
- the City will only share account information with registered owners; renters cannot make enquiries on the utility account
As we bill on a 4 week billing cycle, we do offer additional services for owners with rental properties:
- You may request a meter reading for the day your renter moves out. A consumer requested meter read fee will be applied to your final bill. The City of Airdrie requires five working days notice prior to the date that account is to be finalized.
- You may provide a meter reading for the day your renter moves out (no charge).
After the reading is done or provided we will mail you a final bill. The account is then re-opened, in your name, for your new renter. An application fee will be charged to the new account and your account number will change.
Note that we will not estimate a final bill. If you require a dollar amount to give your tenants to pay, please request or call in a meter reading.
|Appointment no show||$50|
|Water meter test||$100|
|Utility disconnection warning notice||$25|
|Consumer requested meter read||$20|
|Seasonal meter maintenance||$80|
Utility Billing Service Centre