Each year, grade four students are invited to enter the Junior Fire Chief contest.
Students from participating schools are required to submit a 50 word essay on 'How I can keep my family fire safe.' Teachers choose their top essays and a team from AFD selects the winning submission.
The winner will:
- assist the crews with their school fire drill
- ride in the fire engine back to the station for lunch with the crews and family
- tour the hall
- have a photo opportunity with the media
- return to school where their entire class will receive a fire safety presentation and surprises!
- ride in the fire truck during the Canada Day parade
Airdrie Fire Department Administration