Fire Advisory - City of Airdrie
April 10, 2015
AIRDRIE, ALBERTA – On Friday, April 10, 2015 -15:30 hours (3:30 p.m.)The Airdrie Fire Department has issued a Fire Advisory for the City of Airdrie.
Permit burning within the municipal boundaries of the City of Airdrie are banned due to dry/windy conditions. All outstanding burning permits are suspended until further notice.
This fire ban shall be in effect until such time as the Fire Chief’s Office deems appropriate to change for purposes of the Forest and Prairie Protection Act and the City of Airdrie Fire Bylaw.
Exemptions to this Fire Advisory are listed as follows:
Fire Advisory (Moderate Fire Risk)
- Internal household fire places
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Regulated burning barrels
- Camp stoves
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Liquid fuel barbecues (propane and natural gas)
- Recreational camp fires (approved burn pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
Further information regarding provincial fire conditions is available at albertafirebans.ca.
Deputy Chief Ken Hubbard
P. 403.948.8800 ext 8722
I want to...
- Complete my census
- Apply for
- Pay for
- Register or Sign up for
- Subscribe to
- AirdrieONE Sustainability Plan
- Business directory
- Bylaws & policies
- Community engagement
- Community events calendar
- Council info & meetings
- Council's strategic priorities
- Election Information
- Fees & rates
- Legal Land Description
- News releases
- Photo gallery
- Public notices
- Vision, mission & values