August 23, 2017/ Structure Fire
August 25, 2017/ For Immediate Release
AIRDRIE, ALBERTA – On Wednesday, August 23 at 4 a.m. the Airdrie Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire located in the 100 block of Big Hill Close SE.
When fire crews arrived they found a fire burning in the basement of a mobile home. All residents home at the time of the incident had safely evacuated to the street prior to the arrival of the fire department.
Firefighters gained entry into the home and quickly extinguished the blaze limiting fire damage to the lower level.
One female patient was assessed on scene by AHS. There were no other injuries to report.
Preliminary damage estimates are $80,000 to the structure and contents.
The Fire Prevention Bureau (FPB) has determined the cause of the fire was due to an unattended candle igniting combustible materials.
Five pieces of apparatus and fourteen firefighters were on scene.
The Airdrie Fire Department would like to take this opportunity to remind the public that candles should never be left unattended. Remember, if you go out….blow it out!
Deputy Chief Garth Rabel
P. 403.948.8800 ext 8722
I want to...
- Complete my census
- Apply for
- Pay for
- Register or Sign up for
- Subscribe to
- AirdrieONE Sustainability Plan
- Business directory
- Bylaws & policies
- Community engagement
- Community events calendar
- Council info & meetings
- Council's strategic priorities
- Election Information
- Fees & rates
- Legal Land Description
- News releases
- Photo gallery
- Public notices
- Vision, mission & values