January 11, 2018/ Structure Fire / AFD Response Details
Jan. 12, 2018/ For Immediate Release
AIRDRIE – On Thursday, Jan. 11 at 7:03 p.m., the Airdrie Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire located on Southcreek Place S.E.
Fire crews arrived at the scene to find a fire on the main level of a two story home. All residents home at the time of the incident had safely evacuated prior to arrival of the fire department.
Firefighters found a fire burning in the floor under a heating appliance in a room which had been built onto the existing home. The fire had extended downward into a crawlspace under the floor of the addition.
Crews isolated the gas supply to the heating appliance and opened up a portion of the floor to expose and extinguish the fire.
Preliminary damage estimates are $15,000.00.
The cause of the fire has been determined as the failure of a heating appliance.
There were no injuries to report.
Five pieces of apparatus and sixteen firefighters were on scene.
Public Safety Reminder
The Airdrie Fire Department reminds the public that regular maintenance of heating appliances and furnaces will ensure they deliver safe and reliable service.
Deputy Chief Garth Rabel
P. 403.948.8800 ext 8722
I want to...
- Apply for
- Pay for
- Register or Sign up for
- Subscribe to
- AirdrieONE Sustainability Plan
- Business directory
- Bylaws & policies
- Community engagement
- Community events calendar
- Council info & meetings
- Council's strategic priorities
- Election Information
- Fees & rates
- Legal Land Description
- News releases
- Photo gallery
- Public notices
- Vision, mission & values
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey