Fire incident cause determined – Luxstone Square SW

AIRDRIE, ALBERTA – The Airdrie Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau has concluded its investigation of the fire incident which occurred on April 23 in the 700 block of Luxstone Square SW.

The cause of this fire has been determined as an unattended pot of oil, being used for cooking, igniting on the stovetop. Damage to structure and contents has been estimated at $300,000.

The firefighter who was injured at this incident has recovered fully and is preparing to return to active duty.

IMPORTANT PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE:
Airdrie Fire Department reminds the public that kitchen fires remain one of the leading causes of fires in residential homes. It is important to remain attentive and safe while cooking. Never leave a stove or oven unattended when in use. When leaving the home ensure all cooking appliances have been turned off. Never place or store combustible materials near or on a kitchen stove.

-30 -

Media contact:
Deputy Chief Garth Rabel
403.948.8800 ext. 7612

 

 

Contact us


Media relations