City of Airdrie responds to COVID-19
AIRDRIE, ALBERTA – Mayor Peter Brown held a news conference this afternoon to provide the community with information on how the City is adjusting to COVID-19.
The safety and well-being of Airdrie residents remains the top priority of the City, as we take the following proactive measures at some of our facilities in response to the virus:
- Genesis Place and all arenas remain closed until further notice
- Continuous passes (including all facility and childcare passes) will automatically be placed on hold and payments stopped immediately. Unused time will appear as a credit on your account.
- Kids Connection Preschool is currently reaching out to families by phone with information on next steps.
- Genesis Place will be contacting all organizers who have parties or event bookings individually
- Credits for registered programs (swimming, day camps, personal training, etc.) will be issued for any unused programming and will appear on your account in the coming weeks.
- The food court will remain closed until further notice.
- Lifemark, which operates independently of Genesis Place, will continue to remain open until they notify otherwise.
- The Library has suspended all programming and events and will remain open for borrowing services only.
We thank everyone for their patience and support and remind everyone to remain vigilant in keeping our community healthy and safe.
- 30 -
City of Airdrie
403.948.8800 ext. 8475