AFD response details for Good Shepherd school
Please refer to the following details below for an Airdrie Fire Department response on July 20.
Time of call: 2:44 p.m.
Reported as: Structure fire
Location: Good Shepherd School, Thorburn
AFD resources: 6 apparatus and 11 firefighters
Injuries: No injuries reported.
Additional response details:
- Arriving fire crew found light smoke conditions showing in the interior hallway between the main school and portable classrooms.
- Firefighters forced exterior door to gain access into the portable unit.
- The roadway adjacent to the school was temporarily cordoned off to vehicle and pedestrian traffic as a precaution.
- Firefighters quickly determined that the smoke was due to a faulty HVAC unit motor.
- Power was isolated to the HVAC unit and ventilation efforts were implemented to remove smoke from the area.
- Minimal damage estimates reported.
Deputy Fire Chief
403.948.8880 ext. 7612