In order to facilitate future growth, the existing section of 40 Avenue East is required to be extended further east. In order for 40 Avenue East to be extended, the approved development format outlined in the Southeast Airdrie Community Area Structure Plan (SE-CASP) and King’s Heights Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP) will need to be amended. The approved land use districts dictated by these planning documents would also need to be amended.
The documents listed below provide an overview of the length of the road extension, the proposed right-of-way and design for the road extension and the proposed changes to the Community Area Structure Plan, Neighbourhood Structure Plan and Land Use Bylaw.
Public Open House
A Public Open House was held on Wednesday, March 25, 2015
If you missed the event, or would like to review the information presented at the event, then please click the link below:
A summary of the comments provided from the public through comment forms and dialogue at the event can be found here:
The feedback from the open house has now been reviewed and discussions held with staff and councillors from Rocky View County and the City of Airdrie, as well as the developer of the affected lands.
After considering all of the feedback, a significant change has been made to the proposed land use districts along the boundary with Rocky View County, and conversations remain ongoing about the best ways to address the other items raised during the open house.
A summary of the key changes to the proposed land use districts can be found here:
Responses to 40 Avenue Open House Comments (revised 5/19/15)
For more information regarding the Community Area Structure Plan, Neighbourhood Structure Plan and Land Use Bylaw amendments, or the extension of 40 Avenue, please contact:
Stephen Utz, RPP, MCIP
Senior Planner, Planning Services
403.948.8800 ext. 8471
- Context Map for 40 Avenue East Road Extension (pdf)
- Proposed Amendments to the Southeast Community Area Structure Plan (pdf)
- Proposed Amendments to the Land Use Bylaw designations (pdf)
- Proposed Amendments to the King’s Heights Neighbourhood Structure Plan (pdf)
- 40 Avenue ROW and Cross-section_East Functional Plan (pdf)
- 40th Ave Open House Boards (pdf)
- 40th Ave Open House Comments 03/30/15 (pdf)
- Responses to 40 Avenue Open House Comments (pdf)
- 12 Thousand Acres Plan (pdf)
- Land Use Bylaw Review Forum Terms of Reference (pdf)
- Application Form for Land Use Bylaw Review Forum (pdf)
Planning & Development