We are recruiting census takers to conduct the 2018 Municipal Census between April 1 and May 17, 2018. Consider being a census taker if you:
- 18 years of age or older
- have basic iPad skills
- have basic map reading skills
- able to follow instructions
- comfortable collecting census information from residents as per City requirements
- available to work 25-35 hours per week (mainly evenings and weekends)
- able to walk in various weather conditions carrying an iPad
- able to attend two mandatory evening training sessions (tentatively scheduled for March 29 and April 10).
April 1– 8:
- 25-35 hours delivery plus time to sort and plan route (depending on route size and delivery any time between 9 am and 9 pm daily)
- route size varies between 600 to 1,000 homes depending upon community size
April 19 – May 17
- 2-3 hours daily during the week (between 9 am and 9 pm) plus 6-8 hours daily on the weekend (between 9 am - 9 pm) for door-to-door census collection on your route
- Require up to minimum four (4) visits to homes who have not responded online
The average payment is $750 - $1,000 and is made between July 15 - 30.
To apply, please complete the Census Taker Application form.
For more information, please call 403.948.8816.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled in early March. Census takers are not employees of the City of Airdrie.