The City of Airdrie Council seeks volunteers to fill the following positions for the 2020 Alberta Winter Games:
- Vice Chairman
- Director of Accommodation
- Director of Administration
- Director of Culture
- Director of Food Services
- Director of Friends of the Games
- Director of Promotion
- Director of Protocol
- Director of Registration and Results
- Director of Safety and Communication
- Director of Sports
- Director of Transportation
- Director of Volunteers
The Alberta Winter Games leads the development of amateur grassroots sports on a provincial level for athletes in the 11- 17 age group. The 2020 Alberta Winter Games Society, the City of Airdrie and the Alberta Sport Connection will enter into an agreement for the hosting of the games. This agreement defines the role of each of the parties’ responsibilities. For more information about the Alberta Winter Games please visit www.albertagames.com/.
The Mayor along with City Council will appoint a Winter Games Chairperson. The Games Chairperson, with input from the Mayor and Council, will select a board of directors.
For the Chairperson role, Council is looking for an energetic, knowledgeable volunteer with significant leadership and organizational skills. Experience organizing events and with multisport games is an asset. The time commitment could span over four years. Once the Chair has formed the committee, they will guide the committee to establish the Society, create a budget, present the budget to Council, sign up for casinos and begin fundraising to be prepared for the Games in 2020.
A prime focus of the Society will be the efficient and effective recruiting, training, accreditation, allocation and recognition of the Games volunteers, as well as athlete care.
Applications will be reviewed and chosen by City of Airdrie Council. The Chairperson will be interviewed and chosen first. Chosen applicants will be notified for an interview. Interested applicants should include the following information in their application:
- Letter of intent – brief overview as to why you should be chosen for an above position, indicating which position you are interested in.
- A brief point form list of attributes relating to one or more of the volunteer positions above.
- A point form list of related experience with games, sport, culture and or volunteer, job experience in regards to the following skills:
Please submit applications by June 20, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. via email to Kim Harris: email@example.com, or contact her for any questions.