The City of Airdrie is making arrangements to minimize the impact of a potential Canada Post labour disruption on City services.
Don't use the mail to send payments or time-sensitive correspondence. You are still responsible for on-time payment of bills – even during a postal disruption.
The City of Airdrie will continue to deliver key notifications and updates related to City business through the City Connection section of the Airdrie City View, as well as, the Airdrie Echo, Airdrie.ca and Twitter.
Many City services are available online and can be accessed at your convenience. Please visit MyAirdrie to view the list of online services offered.
If you need further guidance, call 403.948.8800 and a Call Centre Representative will be happy to assist you.
Payments to the City
Please note: Normal payment deadlines apply.
There are multiple options for making payments to the City of Airdrie. In the event of a postal service disruption, residents can submit payments using one of the following methods below:
1. Pre-authorized utility payment plans or Monthly Tax Payment Plan (MTPP)
• For more information on a pre-authorized utility payment plan, visit airdrie.ca/utilities
•For more information on the MTPP program, visit airdrie.ca/taxation
•Visit MyAirdrie to pay online at select participating banks
3. At your financial institution
•In-branch banking or ATM
•Internet banking: Select Airdrie Taxes and use your tax roll number from your current tax notice as your account number
4. In person at City Hall (400 Main Street SE)
•8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday except statutory holidays
•Cash, debit, credit card or cheque (make payable to ‘City of Airdrie’ and include the remittance portion of the notice)
•Note: Credit cards are NOT accepted for tax payments.
6. After hours drop box at City Hall (400 Main Street SE)
Payments from the City
Email invoices to Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org. For vendors who normally receive their payments by cheque, an EFT enrolment form can be obtained by calling Accounts Payable at 403.948.8800 ext 6254 or requesting through the above email.
Planning & development inquiries and business licences
Public Hearing submissions
Citizen submissions concerning a matter being discussed at a Public Hearing may be hand delivered or couriered to City Hall, 400 Main Street SE, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., faxed to 403.948.6567, or emailed to the Planning Department.
Tickets and monthly passes can be purchased at:
- Airdrie City Hall (400 Main Street, SE)
- Genesis Place (800 East Lake Blvd, NE)
- Shoppers Drug Mart on Main Street (804 Main Street, SE)
- Shoppers Drug Mart on 8th Street (836 1st Ave, NW)
- Calgary Co-op (Airdrie Location, 2700 Main Street, SE)
- Calgary Transit Customer Service Centre 224 – 7 Ave S.W., Calgary (ICE passes and ticket booklets only)