Volunteers: Beyond the Frontline; Involving Volunteers in Projects at Any Level in Your Organization
March 21, 2019 (Thursday), Town & Country Centre, Airdrie
Description: People are smart, talented and capable - they don’t change when they enter your organization to volunteer. Engaging people in volunteer roles in 2019 means being creative and purposeful in these types of roles. This training will offer insights and ideas on how to incorporate volunteers into your organization from the board down.
Deadline to register: March 19, 2019, 4:30pm (registration is closed when maximum attendance is reached)
What to Expect When You Are Governing; Understanding Your Board Role
When: May 8, 2019 (Wednesday), 6 - 9:00 p.m.
Where: Town & Country Centre, Airdrie
Description: Understanding the basic functions and responsibilities of non-profit boards. Workshop will include topics related to structure, best practices, and practical exercises to apply governance in your non-profit.
Deadline to register: May 1, 2019 (registration is closed when maximum attendance is reached)
* Light supper and beverages will be available.
Thank you for your interest in taking part in our workshops!
Here are some handy tips for registering for the workshops:
- Have your credit card (Mastercard or Visa) ready.
- Some of our workshops may require you to fill out a quick questionnaire. The information you provide will help us prepare a better workshop. We may be asking basic information about your workshop participants (such as their complete names for their certificates, their email addresses and you may want to let us know if they have any food allergies).
- It is best to plan out how many participants your group will have (and who will be the ticket buyer and register for everyone) so you can avail of the group discount and avoid duplicate registrations.
Bill 30: What You Need To Know About Working With Volunteers - This workshop has finished. Please contact Community Development for future sessions on this topic.
Description: Occupational Health and Safety & the non-profit sector - What you should know
The purpose of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of workers – whether or not they are employees or volunteers.
The workshop will provide you with updates on:
- What is Bill 30, OHS and the changes?
- What is a worker?
- Who is an employer?
- What should you be doing and more information.
This workshop is for any not-for-profit group or organization in Airdrie that works with volunteers.
Marketing for Not for Profits - February 5, 2019 (Tuesday), Airdrie City Hall
The workshop will begin with a 45-minute presentation on Marketing and Non-Profits. This presentation will discuss the unique challenges faced by non-profits in marketing and help attendees begin to understand how their organization (depending on size, scope, and budget) can improve or even begin marketing efforts. The presentation will provide a high-level overview on the importance of planning, setting goals and objectives along with the importance of brand. We will also discuss social media tips for non-profit organizations and the role social media plays in marketing and fundraising.
After (and during) the presentation there will be time for questions and discussion, as well as the opportunity to begin working on defining your marketing goals and objectives and some preliminary brand work, for example beginning to think about organizational Why.
Each participant will be provided with a workbook that will assist them in their planning process as they move forward and start to develop strategy and marketing for their organizations.