Last FREE art workshop in September!
Five ways for Making it as an Artist
Presenter: Dick Averns, Engagement Coordinator, CARFAC Alberta
Making art is one thing. Making it as an artist is another! Whatever stage you are at in your art career or pursuit of art, there are always ways to improve how you disseminate your art and engage audiences. This engaging and informative presentation will address five key approaches (Knowing your audience; How to articulate your art; Community based practices ; Exhibiting and Selling; and Being Professional) for helping you make it!
Tuesday, September 24
6:30 to 9:15pm – presentation & discussion
Basic Facilitation Skills
November 5, 6, and 7, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Are you a not-for-profit or government organization? Do you and/or others within your organization or network plan, develop, organize, evaluate and make decisions for your organization as a team? Are you and others needed to plan and lead facilitated group discussions? Would you like your organization’s group meetings and working sessions to be carried out in a more facilitative way?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, your organization or network needs to have someone skilled in the art and science of facilitation!
Click here for information on where to stay in Airdrie
- Bill 30: What You Need To Know About Working With Volunteers
- Marketing for Not for Profits
- Volunteers: Beyond the Frontline; Involving Volunteers in Projects at Any Level in Your Organization
- Murals: Making Art in you neighbourhood
- What to Expect When You Are Governing; Understanding Your Board Role
- How to engage with your art community
Thank you for your interest in taking part in our workshops!
Here are some handy tips for registering for the workshops:
- For workshops that have a fee associated with them, have your credit card (Mastercard or Visa) ready.
- Some of our workshops may require you to fill out a quick questionnaire. The information you provide will help us prepare a better workshop. We may be asking basic information about your workshop participants (such as their complete names for their certificates, their email addresses and you may want to let us know if they have any food allergies).
- It is best to plan out how many participants your group will have (and who will be the ticket buyer and register for everyone) so you can avail of the group discount and avoid duplicate registrations.