Recently, a direct mail postcard was delivered to a number of homes in the city. This postcard is NOT part of official City of Airdrie election information, although it is similar in look and feel to materials that the City of Airdrie has created to encourage voters to make their choices in the October 16 Municipal Election. We know that our residents will continue to research candidate platforms using qualified sources of information and will not be swayed by this attempt to influence their choices on Monday, October 16.
Every elector who attends a voting station or applies for a special ballot must produce the following identification to be permitted to vote:
- one (1) piece of identification issued by a Canadian government, whether federal, provincial or local, or an agency of that government, that contains a photograph of the elector and his or her name, current address and age
- two (2) pieces of identification authorized by the Chief Electoral Officer under the Election Act for the purposes of section 95(1)(a)(ii) of that Act that establishes the elector’s name and current address; of which one piece of identification must also establish an elector’s age.
Click here for a detailed list of approved identification.
To be eligible to vote in the 2017 Municipal Election, you must be:
(a) 18 years of age or older
(b) a Canadian citizen
(c) have resided in Alberta for six consecutive months immediately preceding election day, and
(d) a current resident of Airdrie on election day.
Every voting station will open promptly at 6:30 a.m. and be kept open continuously until 8 p.m.
|Voting subdivision||Voting station||Address|
|1||Rocky View School Division Administration Building||2651 Chinook Winds Drive SW|
|2||Town & Country Centre||275 Jensen Drive NE|
|3||Genesis Place||800 East Lake Boulevard SE|
To learn more about what voting subdivision you live in and what voting station you should visit on election day please take a look at our Voting Subdivision Boundary Map.
*Please note that 8 Street and the QEII are boundary lines for voting subdivisions.
- Voter ID Requirements (pdf)
- Voting Subdivision Boundary Map (pdf)
- Notice of Nomination Day (pdf)
- Request for Special Ballot (pdf)