Downtown means many things to many people. What does it mean to you?
In early 2017, we asked community members to share different perspectives on downtown Airdrie through workshops, focus groups, an online survey and via emails.
Thank you to the amazing community members who shared their thoughts during these visioning events.
The findings were presented to City Council on April 18, 2017. The Council report, workshop, focus group and survey results, and a report on the public engagement expenses provide details on the entire engagement process.
Through the visioning exercises participants provided thoughts on:
• The geographic boundaries of downtown
• The current state of downtown and vision for its future development
• The land uses and services people expect within downtown, including civic facilities
• The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing the downtown
The Downtown Plan project team would like to thank all those who attended the Open House on April 23, 2019. We had a great turnout and the attendees had many great questions and ideas to share about the design charrette summaries we presented.
If you were unable to attend, but still want to provide feedback or learn more about the project moving forward, please contact the Downtown Plan project team for more information, or to arrange a one-on-one meeting to discuss the project. You can reach the project team at email@example.com.
Building on the engagement activities held from February to April of this year, the project team will now focus on the layout, scale and form of buildings, transportation and mobility, and overall pedestrian experience, based on the input gathered from the community. Over the summer the focus will be on economic feasibility analysis, policy development and creation of an implementation plan.
Please be sure to check this page to stay up-to-date on the progress of the project, or contact the Downtown Plan project team for more information. You can connect with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting downtown planning!
- Open House Presentation Boards, April 23, 2019 (pdf)
- Open House Presentation Boards, Feb. 20, 2019 (pdf)
- Downtown visioning Council report April 18 (pdf)
- Downtown visioning data summary (pdf)
- Downtown Visioning expense report (pdf)
Planning & Development