Over the last few years, Airdrie’s residents and stakeholders have asked us to improve Downtown. Airdrie City Council agreed with the community and made Downtown Revitalization one of their 2019-2022 Strategic Priorities.
In order to prepare a plan that hits the mark of what the community and City Council see as an improved downtown, we undertook comprehesive public engagement and gained a very good understanding of what the community would like to see.
Staff worked hard to translate what we heard the community wants as an end product into a plan that will get us there.
We’re pleased to inform you that revisions were made to update the Downtown Plan and we want to share it with you here.
We are also starting to post maps and images that show the draft concept for what Airdrie's future downtown could look like - check the documents linked to this page below!
Once you have reviewed the plan, let us know what you think.
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the "share your feedback" button or
- Book a virtual meeting by e-mail with a member of our Downtown Plan Development Team (subject to availability).
Please check back often as we will be posting answers to common questions and comments to this webpage.
We will be collecting feedback on the revised plan until September 30, 2021.
- Revised Downtown Plan (pdf)
- Downtown Plan - Simplified (pdf)
- Downtown Plan - Detailed (pdf)
- Downtown Plan (pdf)
- Open House Presentation Boards, April 23, 2019 (pdf)
- Open House Presentation Boards, Feb. 20, 2019 (pdf)
- Downtown visioning Council report April 18 (pdf)
- Downtown visioning data summary (pdf)
- Downtown Visioning expense report (pdf)
- Figure 1.02 Regional Context (pdf)
- Figure 1.05 Downtown Catchment Areas (pdf)
- Figure 1.05 Pedestrian Catchment Area (pdf)
- Figure 2.02 Downtown Land Use Concept (pdf)
- Figure 2.08 Gateway Areas (pdf)
- Figure 2.09 Corridor and Boundary Areas (pdf)
- Figure 2.10 Floodway and Flood Fringe (pdf)
- Figure 2.10 Natural Spaces (pdf)
- Figure 2.11 Open Spaces Concept (pdf)
- Downtown Plan - Section 1 Introduction and Administration (pdf)
- Downtown Plan - Section 2 Development Form (pdf)
- Downtown Plan - Section 3 Downtown Functions (pdf)
- Downtown Plan - Section 4 Implementation (pdf)
- Image - Airdrie Downtown DRAFT (jpg)
- Image - Airdrie Downtown DRAFT (Illustrated) (jpg)
- Figure 1.01 Plan Boundary and Local Context (pdf)
- ARP Development Concept (pdf)
Planning & Development