Here is a list of materials that are accepted in the blue cart, or view our Quick Guide to Recycling.
- Catalogues and magazines
- Mixed paper, flyers, envelopes
- Shredded paper (placed inside a transparent plastic bag)
- Telephone books and soft cover books
- Paper coffee cups
- Fast food cups (un-waxed)
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Tetra Pak (juice/soup boxes)
Tin food containers
- Metal food and beverage containers
- Aluminum cans, aluminum foil and aluminum foil plates
- Jar lids
- Refundable aluminum beverage containers
- Plastic containers with the recycling symbols 1-7, excluding polystyrene foam (Styrofoam)
- Plastic bags, wrap and film: all bundled within a single bag for collection
- Glass food containers, refundable glass beverage containers
The recycling collection trucks are automated and equipped to pick up only carts and not excess recycling around it. If you have excess recycling, please take it to the Eastside Recycle Depot or store it until the next collection day.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-948-0246.
The City will be amending the current Waste Bylaw and making it mandatory for all multi-family residential buildings currently not receiving City of Airdrie curbside waste collection services to have a recycling program in place by January 2018.
Building owners & property managers are responsible for implementing and ensuring the program meets the requirements however they have the flexibility to choose their own private recycler and to customize the program to meet their buildings specific needs. To learn more visit Multi-family Recycling and click on the quick links at the top right of the page.
Waste & Recycling