We've moved our rain barrel sales online!
Purchase yours through the link below and have it delivered anywhere in Airdrie (pick-up available for Rockyview County residents). Rain barrels are available year-round for $55 but buy one in June 2020 for just $50.
Delivery will be within a week of placing your order.
Quick facts about our rain barrels:
- Locally sourced and made with repurposed foodgrade material, making them more environmentally friendly than store bought barrels made with virgin plastic.
- 55 gallons
- Blue or white and have a tap and an overflow valve to drain excess water.
- Closed top and a screen that covers the hole for the downspout.
An average roof in Airdrie collects approximately 24,000 litres of rain annually-this could fill a rain barrel 96 times!
Capturing storm water at home helps reduce the flow of water back to our rivers, reducing the flow of contaminants while supporting flood mitigation efforts. Using a rain barrel also means that less water needs to be treated, reducing demand on water treatment facilities, which in the end saves Airdrie residents money.
- Water Use Schedule Summary (pdf)
- Water Conservation CEP Plan (pdf)
- Odd address watering schedule (pdf)
- Even address watering schedule (pdf)