Rain barrels are available for sale year round at the Recycle Depot.
Quick facts about our rain barrels:
- Locally sourced and made with repurposed foodgrade material, making them more environmentally friendly than store bought barrels made with virgin plastic.
- Blue or white and have a tap and an overflow valve to drain excess water.
- Closed top and a screen that covers the hole for the downspout.
Airdrie and Rocky View County residents can purchase rain barrels for $55. The cost for non-residents is $65.
An average roof in Airdrie collects approximately 24,000 litres of rain annually-this could fill a rain barrel 96 times!
Capturing storm water at home helps reduce the flow of water back to our rivers, reducing the flow of contaminants while supporting flood mitigation efforts. Using a rain barrel also means that less water needs to be treated, reducing demand on water treatment facilities, which in the end saves Airdrie residents money.
Waste & Recycling
I want to...
- Apply for
- Pay for
- Register or Sign up for
- Subscribe to
- AirdrieONE Sustainability Plan
- Business directory
- Bylaws & policies
- Community engagement
- Community events calendar
- Council info & meetings
- Council's strategic priorities
- Election Information
- Fees & rates
- Legal Land Description
- News releases
- Photo gallery
- Public notices
- Vision, mission & values