We've moved our rain barrel sales online!
Rain barrels are available for purchase year-round:
- Airdrie Residents ($55) - delivered directly to your residence within a week
- Rockyview Residents ($55) - pickup arrangements will be made with the purchaser
- Residents outside of Airdrie/Rockyview ($65) - pickup arrangement will be made with the purchaser
Rain barrel colours are dependant on available stock. We do our best to accommodate requests but can not guarantee colour choices.
If you are within Airdrie, delivery will be within a week of placing your order.
If you are located outside of Airdrie, staff from Water Services will contact you about arrangements for getting your rain barrel(s).
Quick facts about our rain barrels:
- Locally sourced and made with repurposed foodgrade material, making them more environmentally friendly than store bought barrels made with virgin plastic.
- 55 gallons
- Approximate dimensions are: 22.5" wide x 37" tall
- Blue or white and have a tap and an overflow valve to drain excess water.
- Closed top and a screen that covers the hole for the downspout.
An average roof in Airdrie collects approximately 24,000 litres of rain annually-this could fill a rain barrel 96 times!
Capturing storm water at home helps reduce the flow of water back to our rivers, reducing the flow of contaminants while supporting flood mitigation efforts. Using a rain barrel also means that less water needs to be treated, reducing demand on water treatment facilities, which in the end saves Airdrie residents money.
- Water Use Schedule Summary (pdf)
- Water Conservation CEP Plan (pdf)
- Odd address watering schedule (pdf)
- Even address watering schedule (pdf)