The City of Airdrie, in accordance with the Drainage Bylaw No. 03/2014, requires a permit for dewatering clean surface water from a commercial or residential site to the stormwater system. The following conditions must be followed:
- Dewatering shall not occur during or within 1 hour of a storm event or melt event;
- Discharge must be limited to a 2 inch diameter hose and terminate within 2 m of the culvert flare end / catch basin;
- Erosion prevention and sediment removal measures must be in place and kept in good working order; and
- The flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic must not be impeded and appropriate signage must be installed.
Please email completed forms to email@example.com. Once the application is approved, a Dewatering Permit will be issued.
- Dewatering Permit Application (pdf)
- Water Main In-Service Request Form (pdf)
- Water Valve Operation Request Form (pdf)
- Hot Tap Request Form (pdf)
- Sagewood Channel Reconstruction (pdf)
- Engineered Plans (pdf)