Water mainline valve operation

In June 2016, the City of Airdrie Water Works Bylaw stipulates that ONLY a City of Airdrie employee who is a certified operator can operate water mainline valves. This has been done in order to ensure only the highest quality of water reaches our residents.

The following forms are available for download:

1. Water Main In-Service Form: When requesting to fill mainlines with water, disinfecting, and putting into service.

2. Water Valve Operation Request Form: When requesting to have mainline valves operated for the purposes of repairs, maintenance, or inspections.

3. Hot Tap Form: When requesting valves to be throttled for the purposes of installing a hot tap.

Please email completed forms to water.services@airdrie.ca.


Contact us

P. 403.948.8415

F. 403.948.8403


Public Works
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday