This project consists of a new two lane roadway between Kingsview Boulevard and Highview Gate. Detailed design, survey, geotechnical and environmental studies have been completed.
Beginning in May 2018, Lafarge will recommence work on the underground utility project on 40 Avenue between Kingsview Boulevard SE and the future Highview Gate. The work involves regional deep utilities installation and existing water line upgrading to prepare for future growth and expansion.
Work on the project began in 2017 and was focused predominantly east of Kings Heights Way SE.
During the 2018 construction season, the work will continue on Sharp Hill Way between Kingsview BV SE and Kings Heights Way SE / Stage Coach Lane.
See road closure map.
See proposed roadway map.
One lane traffic closures, Sharp Hill Way between Kingsview BV and Kings Heights Way, June 4 to June 30, 2018.
- Access/egress closed, Sharp Hill Way from Kingsview BV to Kings Heights Way including Stage Coach Lane, June 30 to Sept. 30, 2018.
- Access to businesses closed, Kingsview BV from Sharp Hill Way, June 30 to Sept. 30, 2018.
- Access to Stage Coach Lane via Sharp Hill Way closed, June 30 to Sept. 30, 2018.
- Access to Melcor Development to/from Sharp Hill Way via new development east of Kings Heights Way closed, June 30 to Sept. 30, 2018.
- Access to south parking lot near storm pond, for dog walkers, July 12 to Sept 30, 2018.
- Access southbound on Kingsview BV to westbound Sharp Hill Way available, with a removable barrier, June 30 to Sept. 30, 2018.
- Access eastbound Sharp Hill way east of Kingsview BV not available, June 30 to Sept. 30, 2018.
Areas not impacted:
- Access to Commercial Lot Entrance (Storage Mart) west of Kingsview BV.
- 40 Ave - Kingsview Blvd to Highview Ga (pdf)
- Camera Locations (jpg)
- Cam01 (jpg)
- Cam02 (jpg)
- Cam03 (jpg)
- Cam04 (jpg)
- Cam06a (jpg)
- Cam06b (jpg)
- Cam07 (jpg)
- Cam08 (jpg)
- Sharp Hill Way Road Closure (pdf)