Airdrie Future Land Engagements
As the City begins to look at future growth of Airdrie, there are a number of different planning projects that are currently happening to bring on the new lands. The 12,000 Acres Plan will be looking at all the lands that were annexed in 2012 and how the City can responsibly develop them out moving forward in future years. The East Points Community Area Structure Plan has identified 6 quarter sections in NE Airdrie that will be the future industrial land supply for Airdrie.
Airdrie Economic Development wants to ensure that all Airdrie businesses are aware of the land use projects that are happening with the City.
While many of the land owners that are in the planned areas have been contacted, we want to ensure that all Airdrie businesses are aware of what’s happening with the growth of our great community. Below are the dates for the upcoming public engagement events for these two projects. We apologize for the short notice and note there will be other opportunities for public engagements before the end of these projects. Watch for more information at Airdrie@work e-newsletter in future months.
12 Thousand Acres Plan
- October 4 @ 6-9 p.m. at Airdrie City Hall
- Open house to provide an opportunity for the public to learn about the project and speak with staff
- October 17 &/or 18 @ 6-9 p.m. at Airdrie City Hall
- Design workshops to set plan boundaries and help determine future land uses and development sequencing for the plan area
For more information on the 12 Thousand Acres Plan you may visit the project webpage at www.airdrie.ca/12kacre or contact the project manager William Czaban at 403.948.8800 ext. 8705 with the subject title ’12 Thousand Acres Plan’
East Points CASP
- October 11 @ 6-8 p.m. at Genesis Place, Rotary Room
- Open House to present several concept plan options for the plan area. Public feedback on the concept plan options will be used to develop a preferred design on which to base the final plan.
- Online survey to get feedback on the concept plan options. The survey runs from October 11 – 25. Complete the survey here.
For more information on the East Points CASP you may visit the project webpage at www.airdrie.ca/IndustrialCASP or contact the project manager Gail Gibeau at 403.948.8800 ext. 8496 or via email at email@example.com with the subject title ‘Industrial CASP’
Airdrie Economic Development
I want to...
- Apply for
- Pay for
- Register or Sign up for
- Subscribe to
- AirdrieONE Sustainability Plan
- Business directory
- Bylaws & policies
- Community engagement
- Community events calendar
- Council info & meetings
- Council's strategic priorities
- Election Information
- Fees & rates
- Legal Land Description
- News releases
- Photo gallery
- Public notices
- Vision, mission & values