Block party requirements

Looking to plan a neighbourhood block party? Approval must be provided by the City. For full information, please review our Neighbourhood Block Party Guide.

Below are a few things you need to consider.

  1. You must complete a Neighbourhood Block Party Application Form and Neighbourhood Consent Form
  2. You are required to provide us with filled out Neighbourhood Consent Form, containing 80% of signatures
  3. You are required to provide us with $100.00 deposit by cheque
  4. If your application is approved, the Airdrie RCMP and Airdrie Fire Department will be notified and may periodically monitor your party
  5. If music or other entertainment will be provided, the noise must not interfere with the peace of residents on surrounding streets
  6. Your block party permit does not provide you with permission to consume alcoholic beverages on public property
  7. Open fires are not permitted. However, outdoor cooking equipment can be used for food preparation
  8. Only soft barricades can be used to block the street
  9. You are required to obtain insurance, in a case there is a damage to City property.  Event organizers must arrange for General Liability insurance covering the Event, in an amount no less than $2,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and/or property damage to others
  10. As the permit holder, you are responsible for the removal of any garbage deposited on public property during the party, as well as the removal of street barricades (if used) after the permit expires
  11. Community Development has tools to help you plan a block party

If you have more question, please contact Municipal Enforcement at 403-948-8892 or Dari Lang at 403-948-8804, ext. 8864.


Contact us

Bylaw enforcement (Municipal Enforcement)

P. 403.948.8892

F. 403.948.0619


Municipal Enforcement
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday
Officers Hours
Monday to Friday
6:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday
6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.