Steps to filing an assessment complaint

  1. Review your property details through your myAIRDRIE account or by calling the Assessment Department.
  2. If you suspect an error, contact the Assessment Department to discuss your concerns with an Assessor.
  3. If the Assessment Department is not able to resolve your concern, you have the right to file a formal complaint against your assessment with the Assessment Review Board. An assessment complaint is not an appeal for lower taxes.
  4. The Assessment Review Board Clerk must receive your written complaint no later than the date specified on your notice. A copy of the Property Assessment Complaint form is available on the Municipal Affairs website.

*If you have filed a complaint, you must pay your taxes by the due date to avoid penalties. Taxes are due at the end of June*

Filing an Assessment Complain:
All complaints must be made using the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form. It must include:

  • Why you think the information or assessed value shown on your assessment notice is incorrect
  • If you disagree with the assessed value, indicate what you believe the assessed value should be
  • The filing fee noted on your property assessment notice
  • The date and outcome of the discussion you had with an assessor. If you did not speak with an assessor, please specify why

An agent may file a complaint on your behalf if you complete an Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization Form and include it with your complaint.

The following options are available for filing complaint forms:


  • Forms can be emailed to 
  • Payment can be made by calling 403.948.8816. (Visa or Mastercard accepted)

In Person:

  • Forms and payment by cheque can be left in the drop-box located at the front doors of Airdrie City Hall. 
    • This box will be monitored daily. If you use this method, please email so we know to expect it.


  • Forms and payment can be couriered to this address:
    • City of Airdrie (Assessment Review Board Clerk) 400 Main Street SE, Airdrie, Alberta T4B 3C3
      • If you use this method, please send an email to so we know to expect it.

Please ensure:

  • Forms are completed fully and correctly.
  • All required documentation is attached.
  • The required payment is made.

For 2021, the ARB hearings process may need to be revised, based on information from the Government of Alberta and the City’s Emergency Management Agency. We will provide information about the hearing process to those who have filed complaints. Any questions can be sent to or call 403-948-8816.


Contact us


P. 403.948.8855

F. 403.948.6567