Water Valve Operation/Turn Requests

In June 2016, the City of Airdrie Water Works Bylaw stipulates that ONLY a City of Airdrie employee who is a certified operator can operate water mainline valves. This has been done in order to ensure only the highest quality of water reaches our residents.

Water Services and Engineering Services have developed the following forms for contractors to fill out in order to request assistance when water mains are put into service, repaired and to have hot taps installed.

The following forms are available:

We appreciate your cooperation and commitment in working with us to ensure these processes are followed.


Contact us

P. 403.948.8800

F. 403.948.3987


Roads and Water
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday
Roads and Water After Hours
Monday to Friday
4:30 p.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, Sunday
12 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.