The City is working with ENMAX Energy and CBI Solar to install the largest 3,800 solar modules on the roof of Genesis Place to create a system which will ultimately be Canada’s largest municipal rooftop solar system.
The solar system at Genesis Place will provide a source of renewable energy, while reducing overall electricity costs by up to $80,000 annually. Once complete, the panels will power the facility’s scoreboard, heat the pool for swim meets and keep the lights on for art classes – all while reducing emissions by over 1,000 tonnes in the first year.
The project is expected to be complete Spring 2019.
- Canada’s Largest Municipal Rooftop Solar PV System
- 1.55 MW System Capacity
- 3,880 Solar Modules
- 1,590 MWh First Year Production which is equivalent to:
- Taking 275 cars off the road
- Planting over 21,000 trees
- Powering over 220 households
- Over $80,000 in annual electricity bill savings for the City of Airdrie