In an effort to limit the spread of Coronavirus and to comply with the Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health recommendations, there have been interruptions to multiple City programs, services and events.
Updated as of April 1, 2020
The following facilities have been closed to public access:
- All playground structures, including those located in schoolyards
- City Hall (Staff are working and available by phone and email. Residents are encouraged to use myairdrie.ca or call 403.948.8800.)
- Chinook Winds skate park
- All City park washrooms
- Airdrie Public Library - open online.
- Genesis Place
- Recycle Depot (Waste Transfer Site remains open.)
- Public Works
- Bert Church LIVE Theatre
- Town and Country Centre
- Municipal Enforcement - limited access
- RCMP Reception - limited access
- All Fire Stations
- Tennis courts
- Pickleball court
If you are the organizer of an event/rental at Bert Church LIVE Theatre, Town and Country Centre or one of our arenas, our staff will be contacting you directly in order of the date of bookings.
Airdrie Transit Service Changes effective April 6, 2020
All downtown routes (901 & 902) and local routes (1 & 3) will be suspended until further notice starting on April 6, 2020.
Here is what transit customers can expect:
- Starting April 1, there will be no charge to use transit services. Any passes purchased for April will be refunded in the full amount. Please call 403.948.8875 or email email@example.com to initiate a refund request.
- Starting April 6, Route 900 will operate every 2 hours with service ending earlier in the evening and a local service will be operated as a dial-a-bus option.
- For the Route 900 schedule or information on dial-a-bus service, please visit Airdrie Transit online or call (403) 948.8875.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work through this very challenging time. We hope all of our customers and safe and healthy.
Transit schedule effective until April 6, 2020:
Please do not put additional recycling next to your cart or leave recycling outside the Depot fence. Continue to use your blue cart for weekly collection or hold onto your excess recycling until the Depot reopens.