We recognize that many residents may be facing uncertain economic times and new financial challenges.
In addition to provincial and federal support initiatives, locally we have implemented the following temporary measures relating to:
- Due to the significant impact COVID-19 is having on businesses and residents, Council approved amendments made to the Tax Penalty Bylaw, which will waive the April 1, 2020 scheduled penalty. This penalty is applied to any accounts that have taxes owing for up to the last three years.
- The hanging of cards for overdue utility accounts and the applicable $25 charge has been stopped.
- The transfer to tax roll of overdue accounts will continue but the $50 fee has been eliminated.
- Penalties will no longer be charged on overdue utility accounts while this temporary program is in place.
- Payment terms have been extended to 90 days from the billing date.
If you have any questions about your Utilities account, please call the Utility department at 403.948.8859 or send an email to email@example.com.
This page includes information about:
• Emergency isolation support
• Utility payment deferrals (or review this 90-day Utility Deferral handout)
• Student loan repayment deferral
• Education property tax freeze
Along with information from select banks and credit unions and links to Federal government support programs.
Information for support for local businesses, employers and employees can be found at https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-support-for-employers.aspx
This page includes information about support for:
• Individuals and families
• People facing unemployment/unable to work
• People who are sick/quarantined/in isolation
• Vulnerable populations
• Students and recent graduates
Scroll to the bottom of this page https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html for federal financial support information for business.
For a comprehensive list of information and resources, visit the City of Airdrie’s Resources for Businesses page.