Is your business ready to relaunch?
The Alberta Government's Biz Connect site provides detailed guidance for re-opening.
*Important note for businesses planning to reopen*
As part of your plans to reopen your business, you may want to share how you are reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among your staff and customers.
- A template is available on the Alberta Biz Connect Site in the 'General Guidance' column and is titled 'Template: Relaunch considerations for businesses'.
- The template should be completed using Alberta's Workplace Guidance for Business Owners, which provides general guidance for all sectors; as well as sector-specific guidelines available on Alberta Biz Connect and any additional requirements of your business or association.
Please note that physical distancing and gathering size restrictions are expected to remain in place as businesses are reopened.
See our Business 2 Business section below for supplies and services that are available in Airdrie.
1. Plan to adjust the interior of your business to allow for physical distancing:
- Floor Decals to help customers understand physical distancing (physical distancing dots).
- Arrows to show customer traffic flow
- Signage to explain physical distancing practices in your business
2. Prepare to monitor and manage the number of people inside your business at one time:
- Know the occupancy limit for your space:
• The Fire Occupancy certificate provided by the City of Airdrie should be posted in your business.
• Occupancy limits include everyone physically present, including employees.
• If you do not know your Occupancy Limit, call the City of Airdrie Fire Department at 403.948.8880.
- Make plans to manage the number of people in your space at one time.
3. Plan for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff and customers in businesses that provide services where social distancing cannot be maintained:
- Plexiglas dividers
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Alberta Government has announced that as of July 1, 2020, businesses and non-Alberta Health Services (AHS) organizations will be required to access PPE directly through suppliers. PPE supplier information is available through Alberta Biz Connect. More information about this PPE announcement can be found here.
4. Enhanced Cleaning Protocols:
- Review Alberta Public Health's recommendations for cleaning public facilities.
- Purchase cleaning products and have them on hand.
- Document cleaning procedures and plan to communicate with staff.
- Tell your customers what you are doing to keep them safe.
- Consider creating a Customer Commitment Policy.
5. Tell your Customers that your Business is Open:
- Register your business on Things That Are Open
- Let your customers know your plan to reopen and welcome them back.
6. Determine any additional staffing needs:
Do you need supplies or services in order to be able to reopen? The Airdrie businesses listed below have told us that they have certified products or services for sale*:
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- N-95 grade, reusable masks by Breathe Safely Alberta
- non-medical, reusable 2 or 3-ply masks Big Fun Play Centre
- Face shields, hand sanitizer, N-95 grade masks, respirators & fittings, isolation gowns, safety glasses, thermometers, etc. A & T Executives Safety Consultants
Cleaning services and supplies
- Social distancing signage/graphics by Minuteman Press
- Vehicle dividers, counter shields, floor decals and COVID-19 signage Sign Concepts
Spread your message:
- GetintheLoop Airdrie - download the App
- Airdrie Life Magazine
- Airdrie City View - Community Marketing Fund
- Temporary and permanent dental job placement services by Smile and Company
Do you have a product or service for sale that you would like us to include in this listing? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The City of Airdrie does not recommend the products or services listed above. It is up to each business owner to determine if products or services offered locally fit the health and safety requirements of their business sector. Alberta.ca offers resources and workplace guidance for business owners.