The Alberta Government's Biz Connect site provides workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits reopen and resume operations safely, including information about access to PPE.
- The Business to Business section below lists local PPE suppliers.
General and detailed guidance for businesses during relaunch and beyond can be found in the Alberta Government's relaunch guidance documents.
Please note that physical distancing and gathering size restrictions remain in place as businesses re-open. Face coverings are recommended in settings where 2 meters of physical distance between people cannot be maintained.
1. Plan to adjust the interior of your business to allow for physical distancing:
- Floor Decals to help customers understand physical distancing (physical distancing dots).
- Arrows to show customer traffic flow
- Signage to explain physical distancing practices in your business
2. Prepare to monitor and manage the number of people inside your business at one time:
- Know the occupancy limit for your space:
• The Fire Occupancy certificate provided by the City of Airdrie should be posted in your business.
• Occupancy limits include everyone physically present, including employees.
• If you do not know your Occupancy Limit, call the City of Airdrie Fire Department at 403.948.8880.
- Make plans to manage the number of people in your space at one time.
3. Plan for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff and customers in businesses that provide services where social distancing cannot be maintained:
- Plexiglas dividers
IMPORTANT NOTE: PPE supplier information is available through Alberta Biz Connect.
4. Enhanced Cleaning Protocols:
- Review sector specific guidance available through Alberta Biz Connect
- Review Alberta Public Health's recommendations for cleaning public facilities.
- Purchase cleaning products and have them on hand.
- Document cleaning procedures and plan to communicate with staff.
- Tell your customers what you are doing to keep them safe.
- Consider creating a Customer Commitment Policy.
5. Tell your Customers that your Business is Open:
- Register your business on Things That Are Open
6. Determine any additional staffing needs:
Do you need supplies or services to reopen? The Airdrie businesses listed below have told us that they have certified products or services for sale*:
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- N-95 grade, reusable masks by Breathe Safely Alberta
- non-medical, reusable 2 or 3-ply masks Big Fun Play Centre
- Face shields, hand sanitizer, N-95 grade masks, respirators & fittings, isolation gowns, safety glasses, thermometers, etc. A & T Executives Safety Consultant
Cleaning services and supplies
- Social distancing signage/graphics by Minuteman Press
- Vehicle dividers, counter shields, floor decals and COVID-19 signage Sign Concepts
Spread your message:
- Temporary and permanent dental job placement services by Smile and Company
Do you have a product or service for sale that you would like us to include in this listing? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The City of Airdrie does not recommend the products or services listed above. It is up to each business owner to determine if products or services offered locally fit the health and safety requirements of their business sector. Alberta.ca offers resources and workplace guidance for business owners.