GP COVID response
Updated: April 7, 2021
The Province announced that as of April 7, 2021, Alberta would be reimplementing Step 1 restrictions. We are gathering further clarification from our public health officials and will communicate another update in the coming days if there are changes or revisions.
Upon initial review we understand the following activities must cease immediately:
- Fitness centre access
- Fitness classes
- Drop-in gymnasium/field access (individual or household reservation)
Upon initial review it appears the following activities continue to be permissible and those registered may show up and participate:
- Swim lessons
- Kids Connection preschool
- Youth sports (participation through a sport user group – swim club, lacrosse, soccer, hockey, etc)
Spring program registration
Program registration for spring swimming lessons and summer day camps will proceed this Sunday, March 28 at 7 a.m. Program dates and times will be viewable online starting Friday, March 26.
Please keep in mind that the ability to run these programs will depend on the current restrictions in place at the time of the session.
Other facility access includes:
- Arenas: We continue to work with our sport user groups to accommodate rentals within the current restrictions. To enquire about ice rentals contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aquatics: We continue to work with our sport user groups to accommodate 1-on-1 coaching and instruction. This is not facilitated by Genesis Place.
- Please note: Lifemark Sport Medicine remains open as an essential service but is not operated by Genesis Place.
- Fitness Centre access
- All fitness classes
- Drop-in gym and field house access
- Drop-in lane swimming and public swimming
- ALL sport, children’s, and youth programming (registration for swimming lessons and summer day camps will open on March 28 at 7 a.m. Please keep in mind that the ability to run these programs will depend on the current restrictions in place at the time of the session.)
- Public skating
Your pass continues to remain on hold until you wish to reactivate.
Any unused time from our December closure will be credited back to your Genesis Place account for use when the facility reopens. For example: If your payment came out on Dec. 8, you would be credited back the unused time onto your Genesis Place account from Dec. 13 until Jan. 8, 2020.