We are excited to share facility opening dates/hours for drop-in and rental access. The dates for the return of permitted programming (swim lessons etc.) has not yet been confirmed as we explore scenarios to resume these services within AHS guidelines.
|July 6, 2020||Fitness Centre (Genesis Place)|
|July 13, 2020||Aquatics / Gymnasium / Field House (Genesis Place)
|Hours of Operation||Monday to Friday 5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday to Sunday 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
|Individuals 60+ years &
Individuals with Health Concerns
|Tuesdays 5:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Until the end of August (may be extended based on demand).
Please note: Individuals 60+ years and individuals with health concerns are welcome to use the facility at any time during the week. This is an additional option for those included in a more vulnerable demographic.
Procedures for staff and facility users
Facility users can expect changes to our physical spaces as well as amenity specific procedures for both employees and guests to follow. We all play a role in keeping our collective community safe. Further details on what you can expect when arriving at Genesis Place will be sent out prior to opening.
Passes will not automatically begin on a specific date. Our Customer Service team will be connecting with all pass holders and presenting options to reactivate, continue to suspend, or cancel your facility pass.
Credits for programming or classes cut short when the facility closed have been put on your facility account. They can either be put towards future registrations or be refunded to you by request.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff, we are implementing new health and safety protocol in order to use the facility.
Entering the facility:
- Upon entering the facility you will notice directional signage and area floor markings that will assist you in navigating what has changed.
- The Fitness Centre and Aquatics entrances will be open, however, the Field House entrance (next to Airdrie Edge) remains closed.
- The Arena entrance is only for arena users. There is no access to the rest of the facility through the Arena entrance.
- When you enter, you will be asked to check in at our health assessment tables and you may be required to provide a health assessment.
- Do not enter if you are experiencing any symptoms (cough, sneezing, fever greater than 38 degrees).
- Genesis Place is a no contact workplace.
- You must maintain 6 feet (2 metres) of space between other individuals and groups.
- We ask that you consider paying with credit or debit.
Please familiarize yourself with area-specific regulations before using the facility.
How to register for the Fitness Centre or Aquatics at Genesis Place.
We’re excited to welcome you back!
Before you begin your registration, please be aware of a few things:
- Reservations for the Fitness Centre are optional, but you must have a reservation to use the pool.
- Users can register 7 days in advance. Aquatics registration opens July 6, 2020.
- Please remember to scan your pass when you arrive at the facility or you will be directed to our Customer Service desk to pay your drop-in fee or renew your pass.
- Want to reactivate your pass? Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know what day you will be returning. We will take care of the rest.
Here’s how you’ll register:
- Sign into your myAIRDRIE account
- Scroll down to the Recreation, Programming and Facility Booking tab. Click ‘Register for Courses’.
- You’ll come to our ‘Drop-in Reservations’ section. From there, you may choose the category you wish to book and click ‘Select Courses’.
- You’ll then click ‘Register’ on the day and time you want to come to the facility.
- Select the individual the reservation for and click, ‘Check Out’.
You’re all set!
Questions about booking a spot? Give us a call at 403.948.8804 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re almost open and ready when you are!