We are excited to welcome you back on your trips to work, school, and other activities. We have implemented new and enhanced measures to improve the safety on our vehicles and to meet your public transit needs.
Please check back often for updates as we continue to evolve our response strategies to COVID-19.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work through this challenging time. We hope all of our customers are safe and healthy.
For information on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit our Emergency Management page in response to COVID-19.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our customers have reduced their travel requirements. Due to this decrease in ridership, please see the following changes:
- Local Service (Routes 1 and 3) will operate on an hourly service
- Downtown ICE Service reduced to one morning trip and one afternoon trip
- Route 900 will be reducing service by one evening trip
Please see the links below for the updated schedules:
- Route 1 - Monday to Friday - Effective Dec 14, 2020
- Route 1 - Saturday - Effective Dec 14, 2020
- Route 3 - Monday to Friday - Effective Dec 14, 2020
- Route 3 - Saturday - Effective Dec 14, 2020
Downtown ICE Service
Please note, Route 900 will continue to be offered hourly.
We appreciate your patience as we work to keep you moving safely!
Starting in November, Airdrie Transit will be subject to video and audio surveillance as we work to keep you moving safely.
All Airdrie Transit buses will be getting equipped with surveillance cameras to provide enhanced security for both our passengers and bus operators.
We are working with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner to ensure all privacy concerns have been considered and that initiative complies with FOIP regulations.
Questions concerning the collection of this information can be directed to the City of Airdrie FOIP Coordinator at 403.948.8816
Airdrie Transit is encouraging customers to consider the following:
• If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and avoid public activities.
• Please try to leave space between yourself and other customers.
• If you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth using your arm.
• Wash your hands frequently; including any opportunities before you board any city bus.
• Please avoid any direct close interactions with others, including bus drivers. Bus drivers will not be handling any tickets directly.
On Oct. 27, 2020 Airdrie City Council mandated that masks are required while using Airdrie Transit services, as social distancing may not always be possible.
Transit riders are required to wear face masks or coverings while onboard all Airdrie Transit vehicles. Masks must be worn before entering any Airdrie Transit vehicle.
Complimentary disposable masks are available to all Airdrie Transit users.
Please see further information on proper mask wearing here Wear a Mask.
Wearing a mask on transit helps to keep your community safe!
We're working hard to thoroughly clean all of our vehicles, to ensure we are providing safe transportation for our customers. We have enhanced cleaning and sanitization on all buses which includes frequent wiping of high touch points such as seats, stanchions and doors.