Mask use in public indoor settings is no longer required except for some specific situations:
- working in or visiting some health care settings, such as long-term care
- using public transit, including ride share vehicles, taxis, motor coaches and shuttles
- Municipalities and businesses are free to set masking requirements as they see fit. For example, businesses may require staff and/or customers to wear masks inside their place of business.
Airdrie is following the direction of the Province as Alberta enters stage 3 of the reopening plan.
Although the provincial mask mandate has been lifted and Airdrie’s face covering bylaw has ended, many people may choose to continue wearing masks based on personal comfort level with their surroundings and some local businesses may request that masks be worn within their spaces.
Wearing a homemade or non-medical mask in public is another tool to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It hasn’t been proven that masks protect the person wearing it, but it can help protect people from being exposed to your germs.
Masks should complement – not replace – other prevention measures. Continue physical distancing and good hand hygiene, and stay home when sick.
For more information please visit www.alberta.ca/masks
Wearing a mask
What to do
|What not to do|
|Wash or sanitize your hands:
||Don't touch your face under the mask|
|Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or dirty||Don't touch the front of the mask – remove or adjust using the ties or ear loops|
|Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps||Don't wear it under your nose or your chin|
|Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times||Don't wear a wet, torn or dirty mask|
|Remove if wet, torn or dirty and dispose in a lined garbage bin||Don’t wear the same mask for a long period of time – change when it becomes damp|
|Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water||Don’t share with another person|
- Mandatory Masks poster (pdf)
- Mandatory Masks social media image (jpg)
- Mask Up poster 8.5x11 (pdf)
- Mask up poster 11x17 (pdf)
- Mask up social media image (jpg)