Please note: the information below is subject to change based on requirements from Alberta Health and/or Red Cross.
The City of Airdrie is strictly following Alberta’s Return to Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation COVID19 Guidelines.
- Participants, guardians or spectators are not permitted to enter/utilize the facility if they or a household member are sick, travelled internationally within the previous 14 days, or have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID19 case
- There will be NO credits for unattended classes (due to illness or otherwise)
- Withdrawals ARE permitted, with a $10 administration fee applied, up to the start date of the program. Withdrawals/refunds are not permitted once a program has started
- Swimmers are encouraged to shower at home before and after the lessons if possible
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after your visit
- Swimmers are asked to maintain 2m of physical distancing from other participants and the instructor throughout the lesson
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring their own lifejackets, if possible; this will be communicated to you by your instructor during the lesson
- Swimmers are asked to arrive as close to the start time of their class as possible; please limit the amount of time spent in the change room areas
- Swimmers are not permitted to be in the pools before or after their scheduled lessons, including the hot tub and tot pool
- Swimmers are asked to not share equipment; equipment will be provided for each individual to have their own during the lesson, where necessary
- Swimmers are encouraged to wear goggles, if possible; snorkels are not permitted at this time
- Viewing areas are limited; a maximum of one parent or guardian may accompany each swimmer into the aquatics area.
Swimmers may be required to have a parent or guardian over 14 years of age in the water throughout the entire lesson depending on swimmers age and/or swim level. Maximum of one parent/guardian in the water for the following swimmers:
- Swimmers who are under 8 years of age regardless of level
- Swimmers who are in Starfish, Duck, Sea Turtle, Sea Otter, Salamander, Sunfish, Crocodile, Whale or Swim Kids 1-4
- Swimmers in the same class, who belong to the same household, only require one parent or guardian over the age of 14 in the water. One parent can supervise a maximum of 2 children
Please note: parents or guardians over the age of 14 are in the water to assist with maintaining social distancing amongst students, but also to assist swimmers where the instructors see fit*