Starting Oct. 13, 2020 free public skating will be offered at the Genesis Place Twin Arenas. At this time, public skating will not be offered at the Ron Ebbesen or Plainsmen arenas.
Please note: you will need a reservation to participate due to capacity restrictions.
Parent and Tot
10 - 11:30 a.m.
1 - 2 p.m.
12 - 1:15 p.m.
|Public Skate 7:45 - 9:15 p.m.||
2 - 3:15 p.m.
2:15 - 3:15 p.m.
Please note: Public skating is not offered on statutory holidays
Additional skating times have been added between Nov 28 - Dec 18.
How to book public skating:
Before you begin your registration, please be aware of a few things:
- You must have a reservation to participate in public skating.
- Users can register 7 days in advance.
- Please wait to check in with a Customer Service Representative before entering the ice. Wristbands are required.
Here’s how you’ll register:
- Sign into your myAIRDRIE account.
- Scroll down to the Recreation, Programming and Facility Booking tab.
- Click ‘Register for Courses’
- You will then select our ‘Drop-in Reservations’ section.
- From there, choose Public Skating Drop-In.
- You will then click ‘Register’ on the day and time you want skate.
- Select the individual the reservation for and click, ‘Check Out’.
Questions about booking a spot? Give us a call at 403.948.8804 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your safety, please review the following guidelines:
Helmets and equipment
- Helmets must be worn by all skaters 12 years and under.
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association) helmets are highly recommended for all skaters.
- All participants must wear skates while on the ice surface.
- CSA approved skate aids are permitted during public and parent and tot skating. No chairs, strollers, sleds or other large items on the ice please.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted during public/adult skate times, but are permitted during parent and tot skate.
- Please be considerate of other skaters by skating at safe speeds.
- Immediately report all accidents or injuries to an arena staff member.
- Participants displaying unacceptable behaviour (excessive speed, horseplay or foul language) will be asked to leave.
- Fighting, weapons, drugs or alcohol will result in immediate expulsion from the arena premises.
- Please refrain from carrying children on shoulders or in arms while skating.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice surface.
Please review our Arena COVID Protocol before attending public skating.