Damage to my vehicle

Alberta Legislation requires you to report the accident to the police if the combined damages to vehicles and property exceed $2,000 or if there are injuries. In addition, if you suspect any other driver may be guilty of a Criminal Code offence, such as impaired driving you must report the accident regardless of the damage.


If you wish to proceed with a claim for damages

Step One: Contact Your Insurance Representative
If your vehicle was damaged in an auto collision with a City vehicle or property (regardless of fault) notify your insurance provider. Your own insurance policy may offer coverage, such as a rental vehicle in a more timely manner.

Step Two: File your claim on time (Within 21/30 days)
You have 30 days from the date of your loss or damage to report your claim to the City of Airdrie for claims involving repair to roads, public placed or public works.

If the collision includes injuries your must report within 21 days.

Step Three: Submit a Claims Form
Complete the online Claim Submission Form.


Contact us

Insurance and Risk Management

P. 403.948.8831

F. 403.948.6567