Damage to my property

City staff spend a great amount of time around the City to maintain roads, sidewalks, pathways and parks. There are instances where due to the Cities presence you believe damage may have been caused by the City to your property. This damage may include but not be limited to your vehicle, home, fence, business, sidewalk or driveway.


If you wish to proceed with a claim for damages

Step One: Contact Your Insurance Representative
If your property was damaged due to City operations, notify your insurance provider. Your own insurance policy may cover the costs of your damage.

If they believe the City to be legally liable, they will attempt to recover from the City.

Step Two: File your claim on time (Within 30 days)
You have 30 days from the date of your loss or damage to report your claim to the City of Airdrie for claims involving repair to roads, public placed or public works.

Step Three: Submit a Claims Form
Complete the online Claim Submission Form.


Contact us

Insurance and Risk Management

P. 403.948.8831

F. 403.948.6567