Interested in getting involved in an advisory role on decisions affecting the City? Apply to sit on one of the Council Boards. With the exception of Council Budget Committee and Airdrie Mainstreet Square, Council Boards comprised of Council members and appointed citizens are listed to the right. Pending budget approval, Council’s boards, committees and commission will begin being streamed (both live and archived) to the Internet. This means members’ participation in meetings will be recorded (except quasi-judicial boards at this time).
If you are an Airdrie citizen, submit a resume or fill out a volunteer application form. City Council encourages applications from adult citizens and Grade 11 and 12 students.
Members are appointed annually by Council at the organizational meeting in October, with the exception of the Airdrie Municipal Library Board (members are appointed for a term of up to three years). In 2018 the appointments will be made following the October 22, 2018 organizational meeting. All eligible applicants are interviewed prior to appointments.
The Municipal Planning Commission currently has one vacancy. The closing date for this opportunity is August 23, 2018. Experience in development and planning related field would be an asset.
Council Representation on each Board
C=Chair, V=Vice-chair, a=alternate
- Airdrie Housing Ltd. - Mayor Brown, Councillor Chapman
- Calgary Region Metropolitan Board - Mayor Brown, Councillor Kolson (a)
- City of Airdrie Library Board - Councillors Kolson, Petrow
- Community Services Advisory Board - Councillors Belyk (C), Jones (V), Petrow
- Council Budget Committee - all Council members
- Emergency Advisory Committee - all Council members
- Environmental Advisory Board - Councillors Jones (C), Belyk (V)
- Municipal Planning Commission - Councillors Hegg (C), Chapman (V)
- Municipal Policing Advisory Board - Councillors Kolson (C), Chapman (V), Belyk
- Intermunicipal - Mayor Brown, Councillors Kolson, Petrow (a)
- Rockyview Foundation - Councillors Chapman, Jones (a)
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board - Councillor Kolson (C), Councillor Belyk (a)