Interested in getting involved in an advisory role on decisions affecting the City? Apply to sit on one of the Council Boards.
If you are an Airdrie citizen, submit a resume or fill out a volunteer application form. City Council encourages applications from adult citizens and Grade 11 and 12 students.
The following boards are seeking new citizen representatives:
Community Services Advisory
Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
Members are appointed annually by Council at the organizational meeting in October, with the exception of the Airdrie Municipal Library Board (members are appointed for a term of up to three years). In 2018 the appointments will be made following the October 22, 2018 organizational meeting. All eligible applicants are interviewed prior to appointments.
Pending budget approval, Council’s boards, committees and commission will begin being streamed (both live and archived) to the Internet. This means members’ participation in meetings will be recorded (except quasi-judicial boards at this time).
The following Boards and Committees are made up of Council and citizen representatives:
- City of Airdrie Library Board - Councillors Kolson, Petrow
- Community Services Advisory Board - Councillors Belyk (C), Jones (V), Petrow
- Environmental Advisory Board - Councillors Jones (C), Belyk (V)
- Municipal Planning Commission - Councillors Hegg (C), Chapman (V)
- Municipal Policing Advisory Board - Councillors Kolson (C), Chapman (V), Belyk
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board - Councillor Kolson (C), Councillor Belyk (a)
The following Boards and Committees are made up of Council representatives only:
- Airdrie Housing Ltd. - Mayor Brown, Councillor Chapman
- Calgary Region Metropolitan Board - Mayor Brown, Councillor Kolson (a)
- Council Budget Committee - all Council members
- Emergency Advisory Committee - all Council members
- Intermunicipal - Mayor Brown, Councillors Kolson, Petrow (a)
- Rockyview Foundation - Councillors Chapman, Jones (a)
Council Representation on each Board
C=Chair, V=Vice-chair, a=alternate