City Council boards and committees are currently looking for members. These advisory roles directly contribute to making decisions that affect the City.
Assessment Review Board – 3-year term
Community Services Advisory Board – 1 year term
Environmental Advisory Board – 1 year term
Municipal Planning Commission – 1 year term
Municipal Policing Advisory Board – 1 year term
Subdivision and Development Appeal Board – 1 year term
Board member appointments will be made at Councils Organizational meeting on Oct. 24, 2022.
To qualify for appointment, you must be a citizen of Airdrie and able to attend evening meetings during the weekdays. The City is currently conducting hybrid meetings (in person or online). Students in Grades 11 and 12 are also encouraged to apply.
More information and volunteer applications can be found at www.airdrie.ca/boardsandcommittees. Application deadline is Oct. 3, 2022. Resumes can also be emailed to the attention of Legislative Services at email@example.com.
The following Boards and Committees are made up of Council and citizen representatives:
- City of Airdrie Library Board - Councillors Belyk, Petrow
- Community Services Advisory Board - Councillors Belyk (C), Petrow (V), Jones
- Environmental Advisory Board - Councillors Jones (C), Belyk (V)
- Municipal Planning Commission - Councillors Chapman (C), Hegg (V)
- Municipal Policing Advisory Board - Councillors Kolson (C), Chapman (V), Petrow
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board - Councillor Kolson (C), Councillor Jones (a) Councillor Petrow (a)
The following Boards and Committees are made up of Council representatives only:
- Airdrie Housing Ltd. - Mayor Brown, Councillor Chapman
- Calgary Metropolitan Region Board - Mayor Brown, Councillors Kolson, Petrow (a)
- Council Budget Committee - all Council members
- Emergency Advisory Committee - all Council members
- Intermunicipal - Mayor Brown, Councillors Hegg. Kolson (a)
- Rockyview Foundation - Mayor Brown,Councillor Belyk (a)
Council Representation on each Board
C=Chair, V=Vice-chair, a=alternate