The Council Budget Committee is made up of Council representatives.
The committee reviews and makes recommendations to Council on:
- capital and operating expenditures that may be required prior to the adoption of the annual financial plan
- the Audit Findings Report
- the Annual Financial Reports
- the Financial Information Returns
- the Auditor's Year End Management Letter
- the quarterly business planning and budget updates
- investment portfolios
- adjustments to the budget
- review of financial policies and procedures
Meetings are typically held on the third Monday of each month at approximately 1:30 p.m. or following Council's in camera meeting. Additional meetings are scheduled in October and November for Capital and Operating budget deliberations. Meetings are streamed live on www.airdrie.ca/livecouncil
To watch the Council Budget Committee live, click the blue button below.