To watch the Municipal Planning Commission live, click the blue button below.
At the request of the Applicant Item 4.3 - Development Permit PL2000613 on the September 2, 2021 MPC Meeting is being postponed to a future meeting.
The Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) is made up of seven citizen representatives and two Council representatives.
MPC's role is to:
- advise Council in achieving orderly, economical and beneficial development of land
- maintain and improve the quality of the physical environment for human settlement
- make recommendations to Council on all planning-related bylaws in the re-designation of land, land use bylaw amendments and the Municipal Development Plan (MDP)
- act as the subdivision and development approval authority
- make recommendations to Council on other policy and strategic planning processes and documents
Members are appointed annually by Council at the organizational meeting in October. Per Council direction, preference will be given to three of the seven members-at-large with a background in development.
Meetings are held in Council Chambers on the first and third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. and are usually two to three hours in length.
Meetings are not open to the public at this time due to COVID-19.