The Board is comprised of seven voting members serving without remuneration who are appointed by a resolution of Council. The membership includes three members of City Council and five members of the public at large.
Staff representation (non-voting members) on the committee includes:
- Manager of Municipal Enforcement & RCMP
- Director of Community Growth and Protective Services
- RCMP representative: Detachment commander (inspector) or designate
MPAB's role is:
- Make recommendations to Council and City administration on all policy matters relating to the maintenance of law and order within the City of Airdrie regarding the RCMP and Airdrie Municipal Enforcement (AME)
- Provide community feedback to the RCMP, AME and City administration on policing, strategies and activities
- In consultation with the RCMP, AME and City administration, provide input with the development of respective yearly plans of priorities and strategies for municipal policing
- Carry out any further duties and powers as Council may from time to time assign by resolution
Members are appointed on an annual basis by Council at the organizational meeting held in October of each year.
All persons appointed to the Board shall:
- Take the Oath of Office as prescribed in Schedule 2 of the Police Act
- Undertake a criminal records review and suitability screening through the RCMP
- see eligibility requirements in the Terms of Reference below.
Meetings are held in Council Chambers on the fourth Thursday of January, March, June, September and November at 6 p.m. and are usually one to two hours in length.
For more information, contact the Board at email@example.com.